Chocolate Hazelnut Cookies
- 150 g 1 ¼ sticks soft unsalted butter
- 125 g / 2/3 cup soft light brown sugar
- 100 g / ½ cup caster sugar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 egg fridge-cold
- 1 egg yolk fridge-cold
- 300 g / 2 cups flour
- ½ teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 150g / 1 cup chocolate drops
- 200 g / 1 ¼ cup mixed nuts, chopped
Preheat the oven to 170°C/325°F. Lightly grease your baking sheet .
Melt the butter and let it cool a bit. Put the brown and white sugars into a bowl, pour the slightly cooled, melted butter over them and beat together.
Beat in the vanilla, the cold egg and cold egg yolk until your mixture is light and creamy.
Slowly mix in the flour and bicarbonate until just blended, then fold in the chocolate chips and chopped nuts.
Scoop the cookie dough into a round icecream scoop and drop onto the prepared baking sheet, plopping the cookies down about 8cm/3 inches apart. You will need to make these in 2 batches, keeping the bowl of cookie dough in the fridge between batches.
Bake for 15–17 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the edges are lightly toasted. Cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to wire racks.