Snowy white berry chocolate cake
- 250g/1 cup and 2 tbsp butter, chopped
- 200g/1 cup 2 tbsp dark chocolate, chopped
- 2 cups caster sugar or very fine granulated sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup self-raising flour, sifted
- 1 1/2 cups plain flour, sifted
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder, sifted
- Berries for the cake mix, additional for topping (here we used blackberries and raspberries)
- Powdered sugar
Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°f. Grease a 22 cm/9 inch round cake pan.
Melt the butter in a large sauce pan over low/low-medium heat. Add the chocolate, sugar and 1 cup cold water. Stir consistently until smooth (about 5 minutes). Let cool for about 10 minutes. Add the eggs, flours and cocoa. Stir until smooth.
Pour mixture into the cake pan, adding berries into the mix. Bake for about 1 hour (test by pricking with a toothpick, if it comes out clean its done). Top with additional berries and powdered sugar for an extra snowy white mountain effect. ;-)