Ingredients (serves 5)
- 8 lamb chops (each 1/4 lb. and 1 - 1 1/4 inches thick)
- 2 large garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tbsp fresh rosemary leaves
- 1 tsp fresh thyme leaves
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Sea salt
- 1 cup uncooked bulgur wheat
- 1 1/2 cups boiling water
- 1 small garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 bunch fresh mint, chopped
- 1 small bunch parsley, chopped
- 1 cup fresh or frozen peas
- Zest of one lemon
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
In a food processor add the garlic, rosemary, thyme, cayenne, and salt. Pulse until combined. Pour in olive oil and pulse into a paste. Rub the paste on both sides of the lamb chops and let them marinate for at least 1 hour in the refrigerator. Remove from refrigerator and allow the chops to come to room temperature (about 20 minutes).
Heat a grill pan over high heat, add the chops and sear for about 2 minutes. Flip the chops over and cook for another 3 minutes for medium-rare and 3,5 minutes for medium.
For the bulgur: in a large bowl, combine bulgur and very hot water, cover and set aside until water is absorbed, about 30 minutes. Add garlic, parsley, peas, lemon zest and juice, oil and salt and toss until combined. Serve cold or at room temperature.